2015 Champaign/Urbana Crop Walk
$35,237 Raised in 2014
Thank You to all the Walkers and Sponsors!
Important Dates for 2015
- Rally Day
- Date: March 5th
- Time: 7:00pm
- Location: Grace Lutheran Church, Champaign
- Walk Day
- Date: April 19th (Sunday)
- Time: 2:00pm (Please arrive by 1:45pm and have one person register the entire group)
- Location: TBA
- Collection Night
- Date: May 7th (Thursday)
- Time: 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Location: TBA
CROP Walk Supports Local Hunger Programs
25% of the funds raised support the following local hunger and food programs:
Thank you to the Champaign County (Illinois) Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans for donating $1,500 to support the 2014 Champaign/Urbana Crop Walk.
Setup Web Donations
Church World Service provides a service for your group and individuals to accept web donations, just go to the CWS website to setup up your group and individual walkers. Setup only takes about 10-15 minutes. Please let Jon Gunderson (398-4543 or email@example.com) know if you setup a donation page and he will put a link to your group on the website. It is also a great way to advertise your group.
CU-CROP Walk Groups on the Web
- Baha'i Communities
- Faith United Methodist
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
- McKinley Presbyterian Youth and Friends
- New Covenant Fellowship J-Walkers
- St Andrew's walkers
- St. Matthew Lutheran Church (Urbana)
- Unitarian Universalist Walkers
- Wesley Walkers
- Wesley Evening Food Pantry volunteers
Important: When you create a new group, can you please send Jon Gunderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) an invitation to donate to your group so I can get the link information to update the website.
- Bring the top sheet of your pledge form and give it to your group leader
- Your group leader brings all the forms at one time to the registration desk
- Sit with your group, look for the pew with your group name on it
- There will be a short introduction, recognition of new walkers and the walkers with most sponsors, and a dedication of all the walkers be for walking begins.
- There are several designated locations (typically churches) along the way for resting, getting water and going to the bathroom
- Crossing Guards for Walk Day
- Please contact Esther Portnoy (367-8853) if you would be willing to be a crossing guard on walk day