2016 Champaign/Urbana Crop Walk (25th Anniversary)
Weather and the Walk
There is a strong possibility of rain Sunday afternoon, and a less likely chance of thundershowers. The CROP Hunger Walk will go on, but it may be adapted because of the weather. Please do come to Good Shepherd, dressed for the possibility of rain and cold. We do NOT want to have people out walking if it begins to thunder, and we'll be checking the situation regularly. As always, you are welcome to shorten the walk if you decide it is prudent.
We do need the donations you have raised, to stamp out hunger in CU and around the world. Many of the people who are helped by this effort have no choice but to walk, in all sorts of weather.
Thanks for all you do!
-- Esther Portnoy
Important Dates for 2016
- Walk Day
- Date: April 10th (Sunday)
- Time: 2:00pm, Please arrive by 1:45pm and have one person register the entire group
- Location: Good Shephard Lutheran Church, Champaign (Corner of Devonshire and Prospect)
- Collection Night
- Date: April 28th (Thursday)
- Time: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Location: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Champaign
CROP Walk Supports Local Hunger Programs
25% of the funds raised support the following local hunger and food programs:
Setup Web Donations
Church World Service provides a service for your group and individuals to accept web donations, just go to the CWS website to setup up your group and individual walkers. Setup only takes about 10-15 minutes. Please let Jon Gunderson (398-4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you setup a donation page and he will put a link to your group on the website. It is also a great way to advertise your group.
Alternative Donation Designations
People may designate their donations to organizations other than Church World Service. The following link is to a list of all the other organizations that a donation can be made to: InterAction Member Directory
- Bring the top sheet of your pledge form and give it to your group leader
- Your group leader brings all the forms at one time to the registration desk
- Sit with your group, look for the pew with your group name on it
- There will be a short introduction, recognition of new walkers and the walkers with most sponsors, and a dedication of all the walkers be for walking begins.
- There are several designated locations (typically churches) along the way for resting, getting water and going to the bathroom
- Crossing Guards for Walk Day
- Please contact Esther Portnoy (367-8853) if you would be willing to be a crossing guard on walk day