2015 Champaign/Urbana Crop Walk
$35,237 Raised in 2014
Thank You to all the Walkers and Sponsors!
Important Dates for 2015
- Rally Day
- Date: March 5th
- Time: 7:00pm
- Location: Grace Lutheran Church, Champaign
- Walk Day
- Date: April 19th (Sunday)
- Time: 2:00pm (Please arrive by 1:45pm and have one person register the entire group)
- Location: TBA
- Reminder: Bring non-perishable food items to support local food bank
- Collection Night
- Date: May 7th (Thursday)
- Time: 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Location: TBA
CROP Walk Supports Local Hunger Programs
25% of the funds raised support the following local hunger and food programs:
Feinstein Foundation Challenge
The Feinstein Foundation is committed to fighting hunger and will provide a limited amount of matching funds to walks that publicize the work of the foundation. Please mention to potential donors that the Feinstein Foundation will be matching donations to the CU CROP walk. The amount of the matching funds is based on the toal number of requests of all hunger organizations for the $1 million annual fund, tyically for our CROP walk this is at least several hundren dollars.
Thank you to the Champaign County (Illinois) Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans for donating $1,500 to support the 2014 Champaign/Urbana Crop Walk.
Setup Web Donations
Church World Service provides a service for your group and individuals to accept web donations, just go to the CWS website to setup up your group and individual walkers. Setup only takes about 10-15 minutes. Please let Jon Gunderson (398-4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you setup a donation page and he will put a link to your group on the website. It is also a great way to advertise your group.
CU-CROP Walk Groups on the Web
Important: When you create a new group, can you please send Jon Gunderson (email@example.com) an invitation to donate to your group so I can get the link information to update the website.
- Bring the top sheet of your pledge form and give it to your group leader
- Your group leader brings all the forms at one time to the registration desk
- Sit with your group, look for the pew with your group name on it
- There will be a short introduction, recognition of new walkers and the walkers with most sponsors, and a dedication of all the walkers be for walking begins.
- There are several designated locations (typically churches) along the way for resting, getting water and going to the bathroom
- Crossing Guards for Walk Day
- Please contact Esther Portnoy (367-8853) if you would be willing to be a crossing guard on walk day